Work Safely at Heights
The working at heights course offers the use of height safety equipment, including safety harnesses and fall arrest systems appropriate to the working environment. Participants will also receive training in understanding associated hazards and risk management controls, strengths and limitations of the equipment, and the relevant inspection and maintenance requirements.
This nationally accredited training consists of both theory and practical sessions.
Participants must be at least 16 years of age and have a sound knowledge of the English language.
$270 per participant
1 day (approximately 8 hours)
- Regulations and legislation
- Australian Standards
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Safe Work Procedures
- Equipment selection and use
- Anchor systems, selecting solid and reliable anchorage
- Fall restraint systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Work positioning systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Fall arrest systems
- Using energy absorbing lanyards
- Demonstration of rapid response kit
Funding available for
these courses through
CSQ funding is paid directly to Dawsons Training. Where CSQ funding doesn’t cover the full cost of the program, you will be required to contribute towards the remaining course fees.
If you believe you are eligible and wish to proceed with subsidised training, please complete the Application Form and send through to email@example.com
- Read MoreTLILIC0005Licence to operate a boom-type Elevating Work Platform (boom length 11 metres or more)The training to achieve this High Risk Work Licence – (WP), consists of 3 components: formal theory training, supervised work experience and practical assessment. We offer three options to obtain
- Read MoreCPCCWHS1001CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (White Card)This course is an introduction into safe work practices for the construction industry. It is designed to meet Workplace Health and Safety requirements for a site safety induction and must
- Read MoreTLILIC0008Non-slewing mobile crane (greater than 3 Tonnes capacity)During the 2 day formal theory sessions participants will gain the required knowledge to safely and effectively operate a non-slewing mobile crane, after which they will be required to obtain and