Work Safely at Heights
The working at heights course offers the use of height safety equipment, including safety harnesses and fall arrest systems appropriate to the working environment. Participants will also receive training in understanding associated hazards and risk management controls, strengths and limitations of the equipment, and the relevant inspection and maintenance requirements.
This nationally accredited training consists of both theory and practical sessions.
Participants must be at least 15 years of age and have a sound knowledge of the English language.
$270 per participant
1 day (approximately 8 hours)
- Regulations and legislation
- Australian Standards
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Safe Work Procedures
- Equipment selection and use
- Anchor systems, selecting solid and reliable anchorage
- Fall restraint systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Work positioning systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Fall arrest systems
- Using energy absorbing lanyards
- Demonstration of rapid response kit
Funding available for
these courses through
CSQ funding is paid directly to Dawsons Training. Where CSQ funding doesn’t cover the full cost of the program, you will be required to contribute towards the remaining course fees.
If you believe you are eligible and wish to proceed with subsidised training, please complete the Application Form and send through to email@example.com
- Read MoreMSMWHS201 Conduct Hazard Analysis and MSMPER300 Issue Work PermitsThis training course is based on the Units of Competency MSMWHS201 Conduct Hazard Analysis and MSMPER300 Issue Work Permits. The Conduct Hazard Analysis unit of competency covers the skills and
- Read MoreTLILIC0005Licence to operate a boom-type Elevating Work Platform (boom length 11 metres or more)The training to achieve this High Risk Work Licence – (WP), consists of 3 components: formal theory training, supervised work experience and practical assessment. Our Work Ready course consists of
- Read MoreUETDRRF004 Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel and HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary ResuscitationThis training course is based on the Units of Competency UETDRRF004: Perform rescue from a live LV panel and HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation. This course describes the skills and knowledge
- Read MoreHLTAID011 Provide First Aid and HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary ResuscitationThis first aid course aims to provide participants with the necessary skills to provide; first aid response, life support and management of casualty(s), incidents and emergency situations. The nationally accredited
- Read MoreCPCWHS1001Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (White Card)This course is an introduction into safe work practices for the construction industry. It is designed to meet Workplace Health and Safety requirements for a site safety induction and must
- Read MoreTLILIC0018Licence to Operate a Non-slewing Mobile Crane (greater than 3 tonnes capacity)The training to achieve this High Risk Work Licence – Non-Slewing Mobile Crane (CN), consists of 3 components: Formal theory training, supervised work experience and Licensing assessment. Our Work Ready